The names Cody Garber, and I'm an 18 year old college student. I'm from California, but I currently live in Illinois. I love to talk about supplements, working out, cars, and the LA Lakers. Follow The Garb Blog on Twitter! https://twitter.com/Garb_Blog
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Number 3- Less is more and quality over quantity!
It's true, the less you do, the more gains you'll see. Sounds like a weird concept huh? This doesn't mean go to the gym, do one set of bench press and then leave. It means still do your normal lifts, just don't do so many sets. Plus if you're doing a lot you are more than likely over training your muscles, which in turn will yield no results. For example: Many people love doing chest workouts, so what do they do? They do outrageous amounts of sets in hopes of getting that perfect looking chest! Here's what I do on my chest day: 2 sets of flat flyes, 3 sets of bench press, 2-3 sets of incline press, and then 2 sets of decline press. That's plenty of sets, and in some cases might be too much for others. It's all about trial and error. Now another thing people don't get is quality over quantity. Focus on your form, and getting that nice squeeze in each rep. There's no point in looking like tarzan swinging through the jungle while doing your lifts. You're just setting yourself for minimal gains, and even worse, getting injured. So instead of doing 20 reps as fast as you can with no squeezes, do 10 slow reps with a nice squeeze. Your pump will even be better, guaranteed.
Labels:
fitness,
less is more,
lifting,
post workout,
pump,
quality,
quantity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment