Thursday, August 30, 2012

Number 1- Get plenty of rest

That's right, if you get proper rest you can increase muscle gains! It's recommended to sleep about eight hours a night. Your body repairs itself when you go to sleep, which in turn helps the torn muscle fibers to heal and ideally grow. Now if you aren't able to get eight hours a night, I can completely understand. Some have pretty busy schedules. So if you can try to get a short nap in, or try not to do much physical activity after your workout. It's also recommended to have a slower absorbing protein before bed, like casein. That way your body is getting nutrients still while it sleeps, and that protein will help your muscles recover quicker. Now what I do is I drink whey protein before bed, but instead of making it with water, I make it with milk. The milk helps slow down the absorption of the protein, and that way you don't have to buy a tub of casein protein. Another supplement that helps with night time recovery is ZMA. Which consists of Zinc, Magnesium, and Aspartate. They vitamin b6 to. It can help in boosting testosterone levels, and that means more muscle mass! But don't take this with any kind of calcium because it'll block the absorption of Zinc. So take it 30 minutes prior to using any other supplements

No comments:

Post a Comment