Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Great Post-Workout Drink

We all know the post-workout drink that holds the holy grail is of course whey protein, or any other fast digesting proteins. But we all forget that carbs and sugars can play an important role to post-workout. Some people say not to have carbs because it can bloat you, and others say you should because it can be beneficial for anabolism. Having carbs post-workout can replace muscle glycogen, and spike our insulin levels to put us back into an anabolic state instead of catabolic. So since I ran out of my whey protein, I decided to think outside of the box for a post-workout recovery drink. I went to the store and bought a thing of powdered gatorade. It only costed me 5 dollars, and that's a huge difference from the 50 I'm spending on my protein! Now don't get me wrong, you should still have some kind of protein intake post-workout to. So I went to the gym the next day, got my workout in, and then poured a scoop of the gatorade into my shaker cup. I drank it down, and I was surprised at what it did! I didn't feel like poop after my workout! No shakes either! (I typically "crash" and feel out of it post-workout). I felt like I had energy again, no poopy feeling! This was an awesome 5 dollar investment and I would recommend it to anyone who is on a budget, but more importantly I recommend it to EVERYONE. I find supplements like karbolyn unjustifiable for the price. Plus I wasn't too happy with the taste of Karbolyn. But hey that's just me, we all have our own preferences. The container of gatorade I bought was about 20 servings, and the taste was awesome! (I got frost glacier freeze for those who are wondering) All in all I was happy on this purchase, and I still continue to use it. If you're ever in need of a simple and cheap post-workout drink, go to your local store and pick up a thing of powdered gatorade. It's only a 5 dollar investment, and you might end up liking it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment