Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Workout Programs: Finding what works for you

I'll start off by saying, a lot of people get stuck in a rut where they don't gain any muscle. Otherwise known as a plateau. The best way to break that plateau is to change things up, and this is when I think it's important to change your workout program! There are tons of programs out there, like Dog Crapp Training (funny name, but known to be effective!), Y3T training, Growth Stimulus Training, Hypertrophic Specific Training..and way many others! Now the hard part - finding out what works for you! It basically boils down to trial and error. Make sure to get ALL of the details for the program, I'd recommend you write it down. To make it easier, make a schedule. Write down what you're going to do every workout. Lifts, sets, weight, reps..etc. I must say that my favorite program thus far is the Hypertrophic Specific Training, aka HST. I will explain HST in a separate post. But I do see the most results from it. But back on track. It might take you a while to find that perfect program, but you'll eventually find it! It just takes patience. Remember if it was easy, everyone would be doing it! Lastly, another important thing to keep in mind: don't change an already proven program! If you were to change per say, Growth Stimulus Training by adding things or doing different number of sets, or reps. Then wouldn't that be your own workout program? So a suggestion is to do the actual program, and if you don't like it then you can tweak it to match you more. But try the real program or different programs before you try to tweak things. Don't be closed-minded, keep your mind open and try programs you think you normally wouldn't do. Who knows, it might work!
Here's a link to some workout programs on the bodybuilding.com workout program forums go check it out:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

No comments:

Post a Comment